Everyone wants their vehicles to look good. Whether you have just bought a new car to get to work or you have a fleet of commercial vehicles you want to be sure they look their best for as long as possible. However, a few loose stone chips can result in damage to the paintwork. You can avoid this by applying a paint shield to your vehicle.
For 45 years Matrix Films has produced advanced technology in the field of protective film. Using their own brand of bespoke software (PremiumShield) to create their products- with vehicles more and more vulnerable to damage from chipping it has become more important that people protect them and in this article we will look at the range they have available.
• Premiumshield- This 0.16mm urethane film is specifically designed to be both flexible but also provide longevity- this can be used on a range of surfaces including paints, gel coating or other surfaces that might require protection. It also comes with a warranty guaranteeing that it won’t peel, crack or degrade due to UV exposure.
• Premiumshield Elite- As well as providing the same level of protection as the standard Premiumshield the Elite film can also provide protection against staining caused by acids, abrasives and solvents. An additional surface also helps to provide additional durability.
• Premiumshield Ultra- A 0.30mm film this is specifically designed with heavy duty usage in mind. Aside from off road it is often used for industrial vehicles, airplanes and some heavy duty equipment, ensuring that they are properly protected.
• Aftercare- You can also get a range of aftercare products including bug removers, door edge guards and anti-scuff squeegees that can help keep your vehicle’s paintwork in the best condition after the Premiumshield has been installed.
• Software- Premiumshield’s software has been specifically designed with a user friendly interface. It allows you to modify patterns and save them to your own computer, as well as a massive library of wrapped and non-wrapped templates. If you have any questions or need any help using the software the customer service team can also guide you through the process of installing and using the programs.
• Warranty- Premiumshield comes with a five-year warranty so you can be rest assured that you are getting the best possible quality in protective film.
• Important note- Once installed you can wash and wax your car as you would normally and it won’t affect the protective film.
If you are looking to install Premiumshield products, then you can attend a three-day training syllabus. This allows anyone who wants to sell the products all the skills they need in order to make sure that they understand how the products work, including preparing the vehicle, the appropriate clothing and how to use software.
Find out more
Paint Guard is proud to call PremiumShield one of its suppliers. If you would like to find out more about the range of products and services, they offer you can go to their website for more information.
Sun Tek Window Films are manufactured in a town called Martinsville, Virginia in the United States. The company has invested heavily in order to produce state of the art dyed film line and has a firm belief in responding to customer needs and requests, technical staff focused on research and development as well as state of the art machinery. While this all sounds very impressive it is important to ask- how does this benefit me as a customer and what does this mean in terms of protection for your windows and paint work?
Sun Tek offers both matte and top coated paint protection for vehicle as well as protection for your window film. The major benefit is that the protective film is invisible, so you can avoid unsightly chipped windows from debris, stones and so forth while at the same time having a well presented vehicle with a high gloss finish.
There are other major benefits including-
• A variety of colours and shades, designed to match factory tints. This not only protects the vehicle but can also make it look better too, ideal for maintaining its resale value.
• The installation process accounts for heat shrinkability, adhesion and dry time.
• As the name suggests it has been designed specifically to reduce solar glare as well as heat and UV rejection, making the vehicle more comfortable drive in during hotter weather.
• Most importantly of all the film provides increased safety and protection- you reduce the risk of damage to the vehicle as a result of chipped windows. Remember what starts as a tiny chip can become a massive crack, so it is better to prevent the chips from happening in the first place.
• The film is cut to fit using Sun Tek’s exclusive software package TruCut. This means that the film is properly cut to fit your vehicle so you can ensure that everything that needs to be covered is covered.
A big added benefit with Sun Tek’s film is that it is easy to install, offers superior optical clarity and comes with a five-year manufacturer’s warranty, so you can be assured of the best possible protection.
You may also be interested to know that Sun Tek also offer protection for buildings as well- their architectural range includes reflective and dual reflective window films as well as a number of speciality applications.
As with the vehicle window films they offer a simple no hassle installation process and come with a manufacturer’s warranty.
As well as installing the products Sun Tek can also provide help both during and after the process. For new customers they are happy to assist with deciding what product is best suited to their vehicle, as well as guidance on installation and technical questions.
Paint Guard are proud to name Sun Tek as one of our suppliers. You can find out more about what they have to offer by visiting their website or contacting them directly here
Xpel are a company that specialise in paint protection- they believe in performance, durability and excellence. In this guide we are going to look at the products and services they offer.
If you own a vehicle you want to keep it in the best possible condition. However there is always the danger that a few simple stone chips can hit against the paintwork, resulting in unsightly scratches and marks. For anyone this can be a nuisance but for people in business their vehicle is often the first thing people see- therefore presentation is vital.
Xpel’s polyurethane films are specifically hand drawn, measured and tested manually. In the case of the ULTIMATE line of polyurethane the film can literally heal itself. With any of the product lines it is specifically designed for your car- while it is possible to cover up marks with paint it is often inconsistent whereas the film prevents damage and helps maintain the look of your paintwork.
As well as the ultimate line there is also-
• Stealth- A satin finish designed to blend with your paintwork
• Tracwrap- A temporary finish you can apply yourself in less than 45 minutes, ideal for covering up road abrasions and removable in 5minutes.
• Armor- This 13 mils (.013 inches) paint protection is ideal for off-road, commercial and industrial vehicles that require more heavy duty protection.
• Custom options are also available
As well as paint protection Xpel also offer a range of aftercare products including microfibre towels, rinse free carwash and film cleaners, helping you to ensure your vehicle’s paintwork stays in the best possible condition.
It is possible to purchase kits that allow you to put the film on yourself but it is recommended that you use a professional installer in order to ensure that it is applied correctly so that you can be rest assured that your paintwork is properly protected.
If you are looking to provide a paint protection installation service Xpel also offer training courses so that you can learn how to professionally install their products and give your customers the best possible service. The course covers everything from using DAP software to the installation process itself, ensuring that students get the indepth knowledge they need both in terms of discussing the product and in terms of providing the best service.
Xpel offer a comprehensive technical support service available from Monday to Friday (8.30am to 5.30pm) where you can call their experts on a range of issues as well as full online support to discuss installation and other issues (they can also provide photos and video clips, ideal for people who are still learning the process)
If you would like to know more about the services they have to offer you can contact them here so that you can discover what they can do for you. Whether you are a professional or someone who just simply wants to keep their paintwork looking good it is worth knowing them and at Paint Guard we are proud to supply their products and services.